What you need to know.
Saturday, January 19
Location: Kell High School, 4770 Lee Waters Road, Marietta, 30066
1. 1:45 assemble for parade (be there between 1:15 and 1:30)
2. 2:00 Welcome and Parade of Teams
3. 2:15 Opening ceremonies
4. 2:30 Competition Begins
· At no time during the actual round may the team consult with the coach, with one another, or have a time-out.
· Any concern about an answer to a question MUST be addressed by one of the five currently competing students to the COACH before the next question is asked.
· Coaches stay with your team. (A coaches chair will be provided directly behind your team.) Coach: Use your discretion when allowing a student challenge. You are to direct any challenges and ask any questions, not a team member, a parent, or other visitor.
· A challenge can only be initiated by a player.
· A coach cannot initiate a challenge
PROTOCOL FOR CHALLENGES
The student will get the attention of the coach by raising their hand.
The student will quietly tell the coach their concern.
The coach will determine if the concern needs to be addressed as a challenge.